Dear all OnePlus 2 users! If you feel boring with Oxygen stock Android 6.0.1 OS on your handset, we now have a new completely 7.1.1 ROM for you. That’s unofficial Hydrogen OS ROM. So, if you want to test this Android powered Rom by yourself and want to enjoy the latest features of Android 7.1.1, then you should follow this step-by-step guide below.
However, before installing to the Hydrogen OS ROM update, you first need to root your OnePlus 2 Smartphone and install the Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM). Also you should make a full backup of your important data before starting the process. Besides, maintain at least 60% power left in your OnePlus 2 to avoid unexpected shutdown during the update. If not, your device may get bricked.
The Hydrogen OS ROM update is only meant for the OnePlus 2 smartphone, so you should not be used in any other devices. It’s all your responsibility to proceed to the update process as we won’t take responsibility for any issue or bug during the update.
Steps to Flash Unofficial Hydrogen OS ROM on OnePlus 2
- First of all, download Hydrogen OS ROM from here for your OnePlus 2.
- After that, enable the USB Debugging option on your device.
- Next, connect your Smartphone to your PC & transfer the ROM file to the internal storage of your handset.
- Then switch off your OnePlus 2, detach the USB cable and boot it into Recovery mode by press-holding the Power and the Volume Down buttons for a few seconds to enter the custom recovery mode.
- Here, make wipes from your device by pressing the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option and then tap on “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Now install the ROM on your OnePlus 2. To start installation, tap on the “Install” and select the Hydrogen OS ROM file that you moved in.
- Swipe to start the installation.
- Once the process is successful, return to the Custom Recovery menu, and tap on “reboot system now”.
That’s all you have to do. Your OnePlus 2 will now boot without any issues. Once done, you can browse through your handset to test the Hydrogen OS ROM. Definitely let’s know the changes that you mark in your OnePlus 2 in post update. In case of any issues, feel free to ping us back using the comment section. We shall find out a solution to your issues.