Google Chromecast is one of the best media streaming device in the market. Although you can stream Google media through YouTube, other services like Kodi are not supported. If you usually use Kodi to stream to Chromecast, there is no direct way to do that. But you can now stream Kodi to Chromecast using your Android device.
There is another method of streaming Kodi to Chromecast is using PC or a MAC. So here are three options to stream Kodi to Chromecast.
How To Stream Kodi To Chromecast
- Use Android Device and Run Kodi
If you don’t care draining your battery when running these apps, so the best option you should try is streaming Kodi to Chromecast while your device is locked. Next, follow these methods to make sure the stream is flawless.
- Start installing the following apps on your Android phone, including Kodi, LocalCast and ES File Explorer.
Note: If you don’t likw ES File Explorer, you can also install other file manager apps to view hidden files.
- Now, download the .xml file, labelled PlayerFactoryCore. After that, launch ES File Explorer, and move to hamburger navigation drawer. Here, go to Settings > Display Settings and tick on Show Hidden Files.
- Now, head to ‘Downloads’ folder, then copy xml file. Next, paste the file into Android > Data > org.xbmc.kodi > files > .kodi > userdata folder.
- Play your video in the Kodi app and choose ‘LocalCast’ as your casting app. Otherwise, it can be selected by default and then load your Kodi video.
- Next, select the Chromecast device and play it, and you can stream Kodi to Chromecast.
You can also minimize the LocalCast app and lock your phone. It won’t affect streaming Kodi to Chromecast in the background.
- Use Chromecast App On Android Device
Besides, you can use the Google Cast’s app to stream Kodi to Chromecast on your Android phone and.
- First, download and install both official Google Cast appand Kodi on your Android phone.
- Once done, open the Google Cast app and tap on the top left menu. Next, choose the ‘Cast screen/audio’ option. There will have a popup saying ‘Screen casting is not optimized for this device; your experience may vary’. But you can ignore it by tapping ‘OK’.
- Now the app will locate the Chromecast device, choose your Chromecast device and the screen mirror interface will display.
- Next, open Kodi and play your video. The video will now stream on both your Android phone and the connected TV.
- Use Chromecast App On Your Computer
This method is similar to the mentioned one. You will need the extension for Google Cast in the Chrome browser. The extension helps you mirror your PC or Mac screen to the TV set.
- First, download and install the Kodi clienton your computer.
- Launch Chrome browser and click on Google Cast extension. Here select, ‘Cast this tab to.” Besides, choose the ‘Cast screen/window (experimental)’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the ‘Entire screen’ option
- Finally, launch Kodi, and play a video. It will now stream Kodi to Chromecast.
Although all the aforementioned methods work for you, we recommend you to use the first method to get the best viewing experience.