Many iPhone users don’t want to update to the newest iOS version when restoring their iPhone. As usual, the standard process will require getting the latest edition. However, there are now some methods that allow you restore your iPhone without updating its software.
Restore iPhone Without Using Computer
- Ensure a backup in iTunes has already created after connecting your device to the computer.
- Disconnect your iPhone and head to Settings.
- Tap on General > Reset Choose ‘Erase all Contents and Settings’ and confirm your choice.
- When the process is done, plug your phone to computer and wait until it unlocks. An alert will then appear. Next, tap Cancel to proceed.
- You can now restore your backup with the help of iTunes.
This solution is useful the jailbroken iPhone, as it’ll not lose the jailbreak after restoring the device.
Restore iPhone Without Updating Using iTunes
Although restoring iPhone without updating the software does not seem like it’s usual, you can keep the current OS installed on your phone. This method also works well in case you are out of internet connection.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Once done, your iPhone will then display in the iTunes app.
- Launch ‘Terminal’ (or cmd) and make the Library folder visible. After that, type the command: “chflags nohidden ~/Library.”
- Return to iTunes, hold back the ‘Option’ key (Shift key) and tap the ‘Restore’ button.
- A window will then appear to prompt you to scan for ‘Library’, which shows your most recent iPhone backups that are put away.
- Finally, simply browse and choose the backup for your iPhone.
Restore Jailbroken iPhone Without Updating
This method will show you how to restore a jailbroken iPhone without updating your software.
- First, download and install a software, called ‘FoneLab iPhone Data Recovery’ on your computer
- Plug your iPhone to the computer with the help of a USB cable.
- When your device recognizes this software, click ‘Recover from iOS Device’ on the software and tick on ‘Start Scan.’
- Once the scan is done, you’ll see a preview of all your data. Choose the one and select ‘Recover’ to save the data on your computer.
These are three common ways to restore your iPhone/iPad without updating to the lower version. Hope this post useful for you.