Great news for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus users! You can now install the TWRP custom Samsung Galaxy S8+. Although it hasn’t been much time since the release, and even more people just start getting their hands on the device, the development can successfully install the custom recovery on the handset. The recovery currently works with all Exynos S8+ version, including G955F, G955FD, G955X, G955N and is built on the 3.1.0-r1 version. So if you feel interested with this early twrp recovery, here is how to flash it on your Galaxy S8+ smartphone.
However, before proceeding, you should meet some certain requirements:
- Charge your S8+ battery to at least 50% to avoid any hiccups during the process.
- Make a full backup of your important data.
- Download and install latest Samsung USB drivers on your computer.
- Enable OEM Unlock in Settings > Developer Options. If not, you won’t be able to flash TWRP recovery.
- Download the Odin program and extract the zip: 10.7.zip
Flashing TWRP will remove the KNOX, which will void your device’s warranty. We will not be responsible for any damage to the device for any reason. However, in case you have any problems, we will help you with the best of our capability.
Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy S8+
- First, download TWRP recovery: twrp-3.1.0-r1_0424_dream2lte.tar
- Then, put your S8+ into Download Mode by first powering off the device and then pressing and holding the Volume Down, Bixby, and Power buttons until you see a warning screen. After that, tap the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Plug your device to the computer using a USB cable.
- Go to the folder location where you extracted the Odin app and launch it.
- If the ID:COMport corresponding to your device shall light up, that means the connect is successful. If it doesn’t, you have to reinstall the USB drivers on your PC.
- Now, click on the APbutton and select the “twrp-3.1.0-r1_0424_dream2lte.tar” file. Ensure you unchecked the Auto Reboot in Odin options.
- Finally, click on Startto begin the process.
- Once it is complete, aPASS! message will appear on the Odin screen. Do not reboot your device yet.
- Boot Galaxy S8+ into TWRP recovery mode:
- Your phone is still in Download Mode, press and hold the Volume Down, Bixby, and Power buttons until the screen turns off.
- As soon as the display goes off, release the Volume Down key and press the Volume Up button while still holding Power and Bixby
For the first time booting into TWRP, you will be prompted with “Unmodified System partition” message, remember allow modifications. Now, you have TWRP installed on your Galaxy S8+.