The Electra jailbreak team has recently updated their jailbreak app to support for iOS 11.4 beta. Since Apple is signing iOS 11.4 beta for some iPhone models, so you can now downgrade to this beta build to jailbreak your device.
The key factor is time as Apple will stop signing iOS 11.4 beta anytime they want. Thus, we recommend you to downgrade your iPhone to iOS 11.4 beta right away. After that, you can always jailbreak your device when you have free time.
Apple is still signing iOS 11.4 beta for the following devices:
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
If you are using other iOS devices, you are out of luck as Apple has already stopped signing for them.
There are two ways to downgrade your iOS device to iOS 11.4 beta 3 from official iOS 11.4 or iOS 11.4.1 or iOS 12 beta. One method will keep your user data, while the other will format your device. Keep in mind that downgrading is only open till Apple is still signing the beta firmware, so you should get it fast.
You can downgrade your iOS device to iOS 11.4 beta without losing any data stored on it just by following the below steps. Although it’s a faster process, it is risky as well.
Downgrade to iOS 11.4 Beta Without Losing Data
- Disable Find My iPhone first in Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone.
- Download the iOS 11.4 beta firmware file for your iPhone in the link below:
- Once done, connect your iPhone running iOS 11.4 or higher to your computer.
- Open iTunes and click on your iOS device on the top left corner.
- Now, click on Summary in the left-hand sidebar.
- Next, hold the Alt/Option key on the Mac or Shift Key in Windows and then click on the Check for Update option.
- Browse to iOS 11.4 beta IPSW firmware you had downloaded earlier.
- iTunes will say that it will update your device to iOS 11.4 beta and verify the update.
- Click on Update.
- iTunes should now start downgrading your iPhone to iOS 11.4 beta.
While this method is safer, it will take more time as it ends up erasing your data. So you should create a backup first before using this method. After that, you can restore it on your iPhone.
- Use this procedure if you already have an iCloud or iTunes backup as the process will wipe your device.
- Ensure to back up your iPhone before you start downgrading.
Downgrade from iOS 11.4/iOS 11.4.1 to iOS 11.4 beta 3
- Download the iOS 11.4 beta firmware file as the link above
- Once done, put iPhone into DFU mode
- Connect your phone to the computer powering it off.
- Hold down the power button for about 3 seconds.
- Start holding the Volume Down button without releasing Power button for 10 seconds.
- Go of Power button while still holding the Volume Down button until you see a popup from iTunes, saying that it has detected that your device is now in Recovery mode.
- Hold the Alt/Option key on the Mac or Shift key in Windows and click on the Restore iPhone… box.
- Browse to the iOS 11.4 beta firmware.
- Click on the Restore and Update button.
- Agree with terms and condition and click on Next.
- iTunes will verify the iOS 11.4 beta firmware and install it on your device. The process might take around 10-15 minutes.
- Once your iPhone is successfully restored to iOS 11.4 beta, the ‘Hello’ screen will appear. Simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete setting up your device, and restore data from the archived backup.
With your iPhone downgraded to iOS 11.4 beta, you can now jailbreak your iPhone with the latest Electra jailbreak 1.0.3.