If you are finding the quickest way to loan money from a friend or pay them back after borrowing some, you can use the new Apple Cash feature, formerly named Apple Pay Cash. After setting it up, you can easily send money available in your contacts or request money from their friends through the Messages app. The service is available for a while, but there are still many users haven’t taken it for a spin yet.
If you feel like this category, this post will show you how to set up and send money using Apple Cash on your iPhone.
Requirements to use Apple Cash
Here are some requires to set up and start using Apple Cash.
- You must be at least 18 years old and are a resident of the United States.
- Your iPhone mút be running on at least iOS 11.2 version or your Watch is watchOS 4.2.
- Enable two-factor authentication for your Apple ID.
- Sign in iCloud and Messages using the same Apple ID on the device that you want to use for Apple Cash.
- You need to have enough money in your Apple Cash or add a debit card in Wallet app. Apple Cash will not be selected by default if you don’t have enough money. Your debit card can be used for the funds.
Steps to set up Apple Cash on your iPhone
To get started, you first need to open the Wallet app or head to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay. After that, follow these steps to set up Apple Cash.
1) Tap on Apple Cash and choose Set Up Now and Continue.
2) You will see Terms & Conditions for Apple Cash. Just read to make sure if you want to set up and use it. Tap on Agree to continue.
3) On the next screen, you will see that Apple Cash is being set up. Once it completes, tap on Done.
You can now send money with Apple Cash.
How to use Apple Cash to send money
There are a few different options for how to send money with Apple Cash. You can send it through the Messages app, ask Siri to send it, use your Watch, or send it through Contacts app.
Send money in the Messages app
1) In the conversation with the person that you want to send money to, tap on the Apple Pay button at the bottom.
2) Tap on the plus and minus signs to type in the amount of money you want to send and tap on Pay.
3) Once the payment shows up in the text window, you can optionally type in a message or simply tap on Send.
4) Confirm your payment with your passcode, Touch ID, or Face ID.
Send money using Siri
1) Wake up Siri on your device and guide it to paying [name] [amount].
2) Once Siri gives you a preview of the payment, confirm the person and amount and then tell Siri to send it or you can tap on Send.
3) Verify the payment using your passcode, Touch ID, or Face ID.
Send your money from your Watch
1) Open the conversation with the person that you want to send money to and tap on Apple Pay button.
2) You can use the plus and minus signs or spin the Digital Crown to choose the amount of money you want if you are using Apple Watch. Then, tap on Pay.
3) Onc the payment shows up in the text window, double tap on the side button and send the payment.
Send money in Contacts app
1) Launch the Contacts app and choose the person that you want to send money to.
2) Tap on the Pay button.
3) The Messages app will then automatically open and you can send your payment by following the steps above to send money in the Messages app.
Apple Cash is a convenient feature that you can use to quickly send money to your friends or family members. Are you going to set up and then send some money using Apple Cash? Has anyone sent you money with Apple Cash? Let us know in the comments section.