The iOS 12.1.4 update has brought relief to iPhone users who have been suffered the FaceTime bug. However, this version has also inflicted a new set of dilemmas to some users when it affected their phone’s key features. There are a number of iPhone owners, including iPhone XS, ended up facing problems with the unstable cellular data connection after they updated their phone to iOS 12.1.4 update
If you are using an iPhone XS and are also affected by this issue, there are potential solutions that are possible to help you. Tackled in this post are some applicable workarounds to deal with the cellular data connection errors on iPhone XS devices. Refer to these solutions when needed.
First method: Restart your iPhone
Sometimes, a simple reboot can address a lot of problems, especially when solving random post-update issues. So, if you have not rebooted your phone yet, then you should consider this as the first possible solution to try. You can perform the usual restart on your iPhone XS by following these steps:
- Press and hold the Power button along with one of two Volume buttons simultaneously.
- When you see the Slide to Power Off command, release them and then drag the slider to the right.
- Wait for 1 minute, and press and hold the Power button again until it reboots.
A simple restart is also a good way to clear app cache and data. Corrupted apps causing conflict to the cellular data functions can be rectified.
The process does not affect saved information on your phone, hence backing up is not necessary.
Second method: Reinstall the SIM card on your iPhone
Cellular problems such as data connection errors can be fixed just by reinstalling the SIM card. It’s another way to refresh SIM-related functions of your phone. However, before removing the SIM card, power your iPhone off to prevent damage to the component or the device itself.
- Once your phone turned off, put the SIM ejector into the hole on the SIM card tray on the side of the phone.
- Gently push the tool until you see the tray pop out.
- Slowly pull the tray out to remove the SIM card from the slot.
- Check the SIM card for any damage like scratches. If not, then place the SIM card back into the slot in the same orientation.
- After the SIM is secured in a fixed place, push the SIM tray back into your phone and lock it in place.
- When the SIM card tray is locked, switch on your iPhone and check if it already fixes the data connection interruptions.
Third method: Update carrier settings on your phone
Sometimes, carrier updates can release the required fixes. Network system enhancements are usually included in every new carrier update. Some carrier updates are automatically implemented while the others are not.
So, you should check for carrier updates to fix the issues. To do so, head to Settings-> General-> About menu. If there is an update from the Carrier section, just follow the onscreen prompts to update your carrier settings.
If it’s not available, you can then contact your service provider and then ask further assistance to update your carrier settings from their end.
Fourth method: Reset network settings.
The network-related issue that affects the cellular data on your iPhone XS could be a more complex error on the network system. It often occurs if the latest update has overridden all your current network settings and had accidentally ruined your iPhone’s network routines. So, you should perform a network settings reset to revert these changes. The process will erase your iPhone’s current network settings, such as Wi-Fi networks, Bluetooth connections, APNs, and other information. Network settings errors, which are caused by the recent update will be eliminated. To get it done:
- Open Settings app from your Home screen.
- Tap on General and scroll down to Reset.
- Choose Reset network settings option
- Enter your passcode when prompted and then follow the onscreen instructions to confirm a network settings reset.
Wait for your iPhone Xs to complete resetting and it will restart by itself. After the reboot, you can then set up and reconfigure the network options as your preference. Remember to toggle on Cellular services and then check if cellular data is already working properly again.
Fifth method: Restore your iPhone XS through iTunes.
If none of the above methods helped, then performing a system restore can be the last resort to fix the problem. The update might have affected the phone’s cellular network system that caused the data connection error. To solve major system problems, you should try performing an iOS system restore through iTunes software. To do so:
- Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone XS to the computer. If it’s the first time you connect your phone with the computer, you will then be prompted to Trust This Computer and enter your device passcode.
- Simply tap on Trust This Computer to proceed.
- Next, click on your iPhone when it shows up in iTunes.
- Go to the Summary section, and then click on Restore [iPhone]
- Select the Restore button again when prompted to confirm a restore
- Wait for the process to complete and your iPhone will reboot itself.
If it still failed to solve the problem, you should then to carry out a restore in the recovery mode r DFU mode. Both these restore methods are effective solutions to solve stubborn issues causing the complex system errors.