While iPhone XS is one the best 2018 Apple flagships, some users might sometimes deal with a problem wherein apps failed to download or install on their phone. If you are using an iPhone XS with the same problem, read on this post to find out what to do by following our solutions below.
Solutions to fix iPhone XS that won’t download any app
To fix this problem, it requires you to do some troubleshooting steps. Find out what you can do if you could not download or install any app on your iPhone XS.
Use Wi-Fi Instead
First, make sure that your phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network before downloading the app. If you mainly use cellular data, wait until you can connect your iPhone to a Wi-Fi before starting downloads again.
Clear App Store cache on your phone
Sometimes, due to some reasons, the App Store app on your iPhone might not work properly due to a corrupted cache, which could result to apps that are not updating, not downloading, or other problems. To make sure that your iPhone’s App Store does not have corrupted cache, simply follow the steps below to refresh it:
- Launch App Store app on your iPhone
- Tap 10 times on any of tab buttons at the bottom of the screen
- You can also pull down the screen to refresh the contents of your app.
Make sure billing information is correct
If you add an inactive payment method, it will result to App Store issues, especially when purchasing something. So, you should make sure that you fill in all billing information correctly to resolve any issues. If you also have another card, you can use it and check if the current payment option is dealing with a problem.
When you change a payment method or add a credit card, make sure that all account information is to match with the information on associated with your institution.
Make sure to settle all unpaid balance
You won’t be able to add any apps unless you have a paid balance. So, it’s the reason why the system could not install any app at this time. If you have an unpaid bill, you need to pay it first by following these steps below:
- Go to the Settings app
- Tap on your name > iTunes & App Store.
- Choose your Apple ID.
- Tap on View Apple ID and log in with your Apple ID.
- Select Purchase History.
- Find your unpaid purchase, which is usually at the top. Simply tap on it, and then change your payment method.
Restart your app download
If there’s no problem with your Apple ID and the payment method, the next thing you should try is to pause and then restart the app download. You can do so by firmly pressing on the app that is being downloaded from your Home screen. You will see options to:
- Resume Download
- Pause Download
- Cancel Download
In case the app download is paused, tap on Resume Download. If it gets stuck, tap on Pause Download option, press firmly on the app again and choose Resume Download.
You can also head over directly to the App Store and tap on Updates tab and view currently downloading apps.
Force restart your iPhone
Some issues related to App Store can be fixed by refreshing the system. To check if the problem is caused by an update bug, you should refresh your iPhone system. You can do so by following these steps below:
- Press and quickly release Volume Up
- Do it the same with Volume Down
- Press and hold the Power
You can also do a simple reboot to get rid of glitches on your iPhone:
- Press and hold the Power button until you see the slide to power off screen shows up.
- Drag the slider to power your off iPhone XS completely.
- Once it turns off, press and hold the Power button again until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Turn off Restrictions on iPhone XS
The Restrictions feature is mainly used to control access to certain apps on your iPhone. Once this feature is enabled, you will turn off certain features on your iPhone, including app downloads. To ensure it does not block your iPhone system from installing app updates, simply follow these steps below to turn off app restrictions on your iPhone XS:
- From your Home screen, tap on Settings.
- Tap on General > Restrictions.
- Enter your phone passcode when you are prompted.
- Head over to the Installing Apps menu option, and then check if the slider is toggled off. If it’s disabled, toggle the slider to on (green). This will enable app updating feature on your iPhone.
After you apply these settings changes, return to the App Store then attempt to download and install app updates on your iPhone XS again. If you could not still be able to download and install app updates on your device, you should rule out account-related issues.
Sign your Apple ID out and sign it back it
Some users could successfully fix app download issues on their iPhone by signing out of the Apple ID, then signing it back in. Follow these steps below to do so:
- Open Settings app from the Home screen
- Tap on your name.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your screen and then tap on Sign Out.
- Next, restart your iPhone to apply changes.
To add your Apple ID again:
- Launch Settings app.
- Tap Sign in at the top of your device screen.
- Type in the email address as well as password associated with your Apple ID.
- Choose Sign In.
- Enter your iPhone passcode once you have set it up.
Get help from Apple
If none of the above solutions helped you, you should need help from Apple. They will check your account and assist you with helpful solutions.