The Internet is now becoming one of our best friends. If you want to search for something, then Google is always ready for you to do so from the daily newspaper to purchase online, watch videos. However, sometimes, there are a few problems happening when the Internet does not work on your device. And the most common error that many of us encounter is “DNS Probe Finished No Internet” error. If you are using Google Chrome browser, you commonly see that error and there are many reasons for this issue.
In this post today, we’d like to show you possible methods to solve “DNS Probe Finished No Internet” error in Chrome browser. Simply follow this guide below until you can fix the error.
How to Resolve DNS Probe Finished No Internet Error
There are several reasons triggering “DNS Probe Finished No Internet” error. It can be an issue in the browser configuration or other problems. The worst part is that you will not be able to access the internet until the DNS Probe Finished No Internet error is resolved.
Solutions to Fix DNS Probe Finished No Internet error in Windows
Firstly, we’ll show you ways to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET error in Windows computers. Here are the best solutions to solve DNS Probe Finished No Internet error with ease.
Clear Google Chrome Browser Cache
Sometimes, if there is too much cache, it might cause a few problems. You usually use Chrome browser, but we know many of you rarely clear the browsing history, cookies and cache. Due to the old cache, the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET error appears while using Google Chrome. Clearing the browser cache is the first thing you should do when you see any error messages on Google Chrome.
To clear cookies, and cache in Google Chrome on Windows, do the following steps:
- Launch Google Chrome browser.
- Click on three vertical dots at the top right and choose History.
- Click on Clear Browsing Data.
- Now, change Time range to All time and tick checkboxes in both Basic and Advanced
- Hit Clear Data and wait for few seconds until all entire data is cleared. After that, check if the DNS Probe Finished No Internet error disappears.
Flush DNS with CMD
The DNS Probe Finished No Internet error might happen due to outdated DNS cache on your Windows computer. In such cases, you need to flush old DNS using cmd commands. It will then clear the DNS cache and points to correct IP address when you visit a website. To flush DNS:
- Launch CMD on your computer as Administrator.
- Enter the command: ipconfig /flushdns
- Restart your computer to apply these changes.
- Reset TCP, IP
Another way to fix DNS Probe Finished No Internet error on your computer is resetting TCP, IP with cmd trick. All you need is to open cmd with Administrator and then enter the following commands one after another:
ipconfig /release ipconfig /all ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /renew netsh int ip set dns netshwinsock reset
Finally, restart your computer after executing above 6 commands. Resetting the IP and TCP settings can help to fix the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET error on your computer.
Custom DNS is also a good option you should consider to fix any issues related to internet connections. Getting a good DNS server will improve the internet speed instantly. So, on your Windows computer, we recommend you to change the default DNS on your computer to Google’s DNS to fix DNS Probe Finished No Internet error. Follow these below steps to change DNS in your Windows computer:
- Right-click on the network tray icon and choose Open Network and Sharing Center option
- Choose your network, select Properties
- Double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4).
- Choose Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Enter 8.8.8 in Preferred DNS server and 188.8.131.52 in Alternate DNS server
If none of the above solutions help you, then you should uninstall your Chrome browser completely and then re-install a fresh copy of the same. After that, check if the error has gone away.
Solutions to Fix DNS Probe Finished No Internet Error on Mac
As many Mac users use Safari browser for purposes, so the DNS Probe Finished No Internet Error rarely happens to them. However, others who use Google Chrome on their Mac as the main browser may also face the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET error while browsing the internet. Here are common solutions to fix DNS Probe Finished No Internet error on Mac.
Clear Browser History, Cache and Cookies
Chrome for Mac basically works the same as it does on Windows. So, the first thing you should do is clearing entire Chrome browser data. To do so:
- Launch Chrome Settings on your Mac
- Click on History option and press Command + Y to open it.
- Click on Clear Browsing Data.
- Tick on all options from the Basic and Advanced tabs.
- Click on Clear Data to remove cache and cookies.
2. Change TCP/IP Settings
If the above method does not fix DNS Probe Finished No Internet error, you should change the TCP/IP from your MacOS System Preferences. To do so
- Head to System Preferences > Network.
- Select Wi-Fi/Ethernet > Advanced.
- Change Configure IPv4 to Using DHCP under TCP/IP section
- Click on Renew DHCP Lease.
If the error still persists, you should reboot your modem and then disable any Antivirus program if you are using.
Solutions to Fix DNS Probe Finished No Internet Error in Android
The same DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET error also happens in Chrome browser on Android phones. Here are possible solutions to fix the DNS Probe Finished No Internet Error error in Chrome browser on your Android smartphones and tablets.
Clear Brower Data
The DNS Probe Finished No Internet error can happen due to the cache stored in Chrome on your Android devices. The steps for clearing Chrome browser data in Android:
- Open browser and tap on three vertical dots
- Tap on History option
- From there, change the Time range to “All time“.
- Check all options in BASIC and ADVANCED tabs.
- Tap on clear data and then check if the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET error has been fixed.
Clear App Data
The app data is usually stored as cache files on Android devices. It includes the app usage activity, login details, app settings, and other internal data. All the information will be in XML or SQLite databases and they are created rapidly if you use the app daily. Clearing the app data and cache will reset the app and make it as newly installed. Doing so might also help you fix common errors like “DNS Probe Finished No Internet”. Follow the below steps to clear data and cache of Google Chrome browser:
- Launch Settings on your Android device
- Tap on Apps and choose Google Chrome.
- Tap on Storage.
- Select Clear Data and Clear Cache.
Once you clear data and cache of your Google Chrome, freshly setup your browser and the DNS Probe Finished No Internet error will disappear immediately.
These are possible solutions to fix “DNS Probe Finished No Internet” error in Chrome browser on your Windows, Mac, and Android devices. Let’s know in the comment below if you have any question.