Internet now plays an important part in our daily work. Today, it’s very surprising that everybody living in a house does not need an internet connection. We have been published posts about solutions to several internet connection errors. And in this post, we’ll continue to walk you through methods to fix No Internet connection error on your Windows/Mac
Sometimes the problem might come from the internet service provider when the internet connection is down due to various technical/hardware problems. Even such cases, you will see “the internet connection is limited” or “no internet access” message. You can contact your service provider to fix it. After making sure there is no problem at ISP side, you should then follow this post to solve “internet connection is limited” “no internet” error in Windows, and Mac.
How To Solve “Internet Connection is Limited” Error On Windows/Mac/Android
Here are 4 ways to fix no internet access error in Windows PCs:
To connect to the internet, you will need a router. It takes responsibility for managing the traffic and routing the internet to the connected devices. However, due to some fatal errors, the router might fail to route the traffic and cannot handle the requests. The result is that you will see the “internet connection is limited” error. You should think about restarting your home router to reset the conjunction and packets. Just press the Power button on your router to turn it off and wait for a couple of minutes before powering it on.
Re-enable Network Adapter
If the “internet connection is limited” error still persists even after restarting your router. You should then disable and re-enable the network adapters on your computer. In few cases, they require you to reinstall the network adapter drivers to help them work again. Here is how to re-enable network adapter:
- Right-click on My Computer and choose Manage.
- Click on Device Manager from the menu to expand Network Adapters.
- Right click on it and select Disable.
- Reboot your Windows computer
- Once done, go to Network adapters and re-enable the network adapter that you disabled earlier.
Wait for a few minutes and check if the yellow triangle symbol on the Ethernet/Wi-Fi icon has disappeared.
If you still encounter the “Internet Connection is Limited” error, you should use an alternative DNS. Using custom DNS will help the internet connection faster, but you should be careful when choosing a DNS provider. So, make sure you use secure and trusted DNS servers for security reasons. Simply follow the below steps to change the DNS servers on your computer to fix the “limited internet errors”.
- Right-click on the network icon and choose Open Network and Sharing Center section
- Click on Properties of the connected device.
- Select TCP/IPv4 properties option and then set your DNS server to Google’s DNS/Open DNS as shown below.
- Use Google DNS, enter: 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52
- Use Open DNS, enter: 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11
- Click OKand restart your computer to apply the changes immediately
Troubleshoot Network Problems
Windows has a built-in tool, called Troubleshooter, which can automatically detect and fix the problems relating networks. Here is how to troubleshoot the problem automatically:
- Right-click on the connectivity icon and then choose Troubleshoot Problems.
- After clicking on it, it will then detect the problems. If your Windows can detect the error, there will be possible solutions for you to apply just with a single click.
How To Fix No Internet Error on Mac
Apple recommends Mac users to keep their drivers and system updated to avoid unexpected errors. So, before fixing No Internet error on your Mac, you should ensure your computer is updated to the latest MacOS firmware with all the network drivers installed.
Check Your Connection
First, you should check to make sure your connection is working fine. You should have properly connected to a network through Ethernet or W-Fi. If you use Ethernet, unplug the cable, clean the dust at ports and plug it back again.
Restart Your Network Devices
Most of the problems related to networks can be fixed just by restarting your device. All you need is to switch off your modem or router for a few minutes and then power it back on
Simply power down your modem or router for few seconds and then again switch it and check if it can fix the “limited internet access” without any additional troubleshooting. You should also contact your ISP if you are encountering network problem or downtime.
Also read: How To Fix A MacBook Pro Not Turning On
Checking TCP/IP, DNS Settings
If everything is still working fine and you are not able to surf the internet due to this limited internet access or no internet error, you should check your TCP/IP and DNS settings.
- Click on the Apple icon on the left and navigate to System Preferences
- Choose Network > Wi-Fi > Advanced.
- Next, switch to TCP/IP tab.
- Click on Renew DHCP Lease to update your IPv4 address and subnet mask.
- Switch to DNS tab and then add custom DNS servers like Google DNS.
How to Fix No Internet Error in Android Devices
If cannot access the internet on your Android device’s browser, then you are using a poor internet connection. There might be a cross mark (x) or (!) mark on your device if the internet connectivity is limited. However, it is very easy to troubleshoot this error on Android by checking mobile data and roaming.
The first fix thing you should do is check whether your mobile data connection is already turned on. Sometimes you might forget turning on mobile data for browsing the internet. Enable mobile data and make sure you have sufficient mobile data balance to surf the internet. If you are traveling aboard, remember to enable Data Roaming to access the internet.
These are potential solutions to fix “the internet connection is limited” or “no internet access” error. If you feel this post useful, share this post to the social network.