Although the 6.0 update was released with an aim to helping with back-end abilities, there have been many reports of things that went haywire ever since users updated their consoles. We have already collected tech professionals and in this post today we’d like to share with you a few solutions. Please check out below to know how to fix yours!
Error Codes (CE-36329-3) (CE-30002-5), and (SU-42118-6) Appear
Follow the below steps to fix these error codes on your Play Station 4:
- Navigate to Notifications from the home menu.
- Remove Update Notification and then restart your PS4. Wait for a few minutes, if there is no change, you should move to the next step.
- Connect your PS4 directly to an ethernet cable.
- Next, head to Settings again from the Main Menu.
- From the menu options & update via internet, choose System Software Update section. After the restart, if there is nothing change, continue to the next step.
- Now, you need to manually download the Update File (from here) to a USB drive
- Ensure to save the file in a folder named “PS4”. Inside it, create another folder named “UPDATE”.
- Download and save PS4UPDATE.PUP file in the “UPDATE” folder.
- Plug the USB into your PS4.
- Choose Settings > System Software Update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
When you attempt to load a game requiring an internet connection, these three error codes will appear. You will not just receive this error code, but you might also be refused to launch the game entirely.
Following the above steps may help your PS4 work normally again after the update.
Update PlayStation VR software manually
Another way to fix some troubles on your PS4 after 6.0 update is manually updating VR software. To do so
- Navigate to Settings from the Home Menu.
- From the menu options, choose Devices.
- Choose PlayStation VR> PlayStation VR Device Software from menu options.
We’re sure not many of you know that your PSVR software cannot update on its own. Once your PlayStation completes downloading the 6.0 update, you should also ensure that your headset equipment isn’t mucking up either.
Also see: How To Connect PS4 Controller To Android
Errors when using 3rd party software for downloading saved files and transferring them through USB
If you are facing this error on your PS4, then follow the below steps:
- Wait for the patch to release from the official page of the 3rd party software
- Download the patch and install it
Each time PlayStation receives a software update, all 3rd party software that is used for saving and transferring game files will stop working. It needs a time for engineers of 3rd party software to come out with a patch after a PS4 update so that users can still use it normally. In case a patch is not released, you should look for a new alternative.
Game errors after updating to 6.0
- From the home menu, hover over the game in question.
- Next, press the Options button on the Dualshock controller.
- Click on Check for Update.
- To avoid this issue happening in the future, you should set up Automatic updates. To do so, follow the next steps.
- Go to Settings and select System option.
- Choose Automatic Downloads & Updates section > Application Update Files.
If there are still other problems with your PS4 after 6.0 update, you can then ask for support PlayStation.
- Make a call PlayStation support between 6AM – 10PM, PST from Monday – Friday and between 7AM – 8PM PST from Saturday & Sunday at 1-800-345-7669
- Send a tweetto @AskPlayStation.
- Visit the Support Forums to check whether your question has been answered.
- Check the warranty of your PS4 again