Password managers are very helpful when they can save complex passwords, which can be quite difficult to remember. If you’ve forgotten the Snapchat password, you can’t recover the same password, but you can recover your account just by resetting your password to the new one.
If you’ve forgotten your Snapchat password, or simply suspect somebody has changed it without your permission, Snapchat provides a simple way to recover your account. What we’d like to instruct you in this post is recovering your account if you’ve totally forgotten it. Changing your Snapchat password is slightly different, so that’s when you know the current password, but you simply want to change to the new one.
How To Reset Your Password From The Website
- First, visit the Snapchat’s website and click on the “Forgot Password” section.
- In the next page, enter the email address associated with your Snapchat account, and click on the “Submit” button.
- You need to perform a quick security check to prove you are not a robot. Once you’re done, click on the “Next” button.
- There will be an email sent to you including a link for resetting your password.
- After you receive the email, click on that link to reset your password.
- Now, enter your new password and type it again to confirm your choice. After that, click on the “Change Password” button.
- After your password is changed, simply re-sign into your account on the device where you use the account.
Also read: How to Easily Download Snapchat for iPad
How To Reset Your Password From The App
Resetting your password using the Snapchat app is also very simple. We’ve tested the version for Android, but it works much the same on iOS devices.
- Launch the Snapchat app, and tap on the “Log In” button.
- Next, enter your username or email address, and tap on “Forgot Your Password” link.
- You will have two options that are receiving a verification code through an SMS text message sent to your phone or using your email address for resetting. Using your email address is similar to resetting your password on the website. Since we covered that in the above section, we only concentrate on the “Via Phone” option here.
- You’ll have to prove you’re not a robot by checking the box and then tap on the “Continue” button.
- Enter the phone number you have and then tap on the “Continue” button.
- There will be a code sent to you through SMS or you can get an automated call. Both methods are similar, but we advise you to receive the code via SMS as it is simpler.
- When you get the code, simply type it into the field and tap on the “Continue” button.
- In the next screen, it allows you to create a new password to make your account more secure. From there, simply type in your new password (you should make it a strong, secure), and tap on the “Continue” button.
That’s all you need to do! You’ve successfully recovered and reset your Snapchat password. If you have any question, let’s know in the comment below.