Although the OnePlus 6 runs on OxygenOS version, which is very close to stock Android, there are still differences between it and a Pixel phone. So, here are five tips that might help you get more out of your OnePlus 6 phone.
Transfer data from your old smartphone to the OnePlus 6
Transferring your data from the old device to the new OnPlus 6 is the first order of business. OnePlus comes with its own app, called OnePlus Switch to easily transfer data from your old phone to your new OnePlus 6. You can find the app in Settings > Advanced. You’ll also have to install the app on your old smartphone by installing it the app from the Play Store. Once done, follow these steps to transfer all data:
- Launch OnePlus Switch on both your smartphones
- Connect them to the same Wi-Fi network
- Choose your OnePlus 6 as the new one, and the other as the old smartphone
- Scan the QR code on your old smartphone
- The transfer will now start and the time will depend on the data on your old phone.
Note: You should not use both of them during the transfer process.
Use the notch or not
Notches are now the trend of 2018 smartphones, and the OnePlus 6 is not also an exception. However, not everyone likes the notch. That’s why OnePlus offers an option to easily disable it in Settings > Display > Notch display. Hiding the notch also means that apps cannot take advantage of the part around the notch, and that area will be black so you should consider that.
How to hide and show the notch on the OnePlus 6
- Head to Settings > Display > Notch display
- Simply choose Hide the notch or Show the notch
Change theme and accent color
This feature has been available in OxygenOS for a long time. It lets you change the background color, which can be found in Settings > Display > Theme. From there, you will see three choices: Default, Light, and Dark. You can easily personalize the accent color, which is placed below the Theme setting. There are eight different accent colors for you.
Steps to change the theme and accent color
- Head to Settings > Display > Theme
- Choose your favorite theme from three options
- Tap on OK to confirm your choice
- Return to Settings > Display, select Accent Color
- Pick up your favorite one and tap on OK to confirm.
Navigation bar or gestures
From OxygenOS 5, OnePlus provide an option to use gestures instead of the classic navigation bar. To fix the navigation bar, or hide it to use gestures, just follow these steps:
- Head to Settings > Buttons > Navigation bar & gestures
- Select one of three options: Fixed navigation bar, Hide the navigation bar or Navigation gestures
- You will see the setting immediately changed once you choose one option.
Also read: https://www.techlug.com/2018/05/oneplus-6-vs-iphone-x-comparison.htmlOnePlus 6 vs iPhone X: Comparison
Use Face Unlock
Apart from the fingerprint scanner, OnePlus allows you to unlock your OnePlus 6 with facial recognition. To use this feature, simply follow these steps below:
- Head to Settings > Security & lock screen and tap on Face Unlock
- Follow the instructions on the screen to register your face
- Turn on Auto unlock after the screen is on
Now you can unlock your smartphone with your face beside using the fingerprint scanner. However, you should keep in mind that Face Unlock is less speedy than the fingerprint reader.
These are the tips that might be useful for you in the daily use. Let’s know your thoughts in the comment below.