Some articles say that it is no way to remove an iCloud password on iOS devices except for using the illegal route that is against the official rules. But in fact that it’s not true. This post will show you some methods to resolve any problems relating to an iCloud activation lock by disabling the password.
There are many different situations that users face the problem. As a result, each method can be applied to different situations. So, if one method doesn’t work, other methods can do the trick.
How to Remove iCloud from Activated iOS Devices
Method 1: Lose iCloud Password
You should use this technique if you are the account owner and have misplaced your iCloud ID and the password. If you don’t have the correct answers to your security questions, this will work quite well.
- Launch Setting apps, tap on iCloud and then toggle the Mail switch to on.
- From your computer, launch any browser and go to the sign-in page of the iCloud.
- Simply click on Forgot my Password section and you have to enter the characters on the screen as a check.
- In the next page, you are prompted to choose between resetting the passwordor resetting the security question. Select the first one.
- Next, click on Get an e-mail to reset your password.
- You should then receive a mail with a link for changing your password. After meeting the different requirements, you will be redirected to Settings.
- From there, re-enter the new password for your iCloud. That’s done
Method 2: Remove iCloud without any computer or passwords
This method takes advantage of a bug in the iOS 10 & 11 versions. It works for all iOS devices running10 and 11 and is a helpful solution to remove iCloud from an activated device. But, to get started, you will need to jailbreak your device, and then install a browsing app from Cydia such as FilzaJailed or iFile to remove the iCloud account. If your iPhone/iPad has not yet to jailbreak, you can also use Cydia Impactor and flash FilzaJailed.IPA file. Once done, follow these below steps to remove the current activated iCloud account on your device.
- Launch FilzaJailed app on your iPhone/iPad and head to the patch : /var/mobile/library/accounts
- Delete three files: sqlite, Accounts3.sqlite.shm, Accounts3.sqlite.wal
- Next, navigate to /var/mobile/library/ConfigurationProfiles
- Continue to delete two files: plist and CloudConfigurationDetails.plist
- Once done, restart your iPhone/iPad
- Return to Settings and add your new iCloud account.
Method 3: Remove iCloud without a password
If you can access the activated springboard, but you have the iCloud account of another person, you are still able to remove iCloud account. You can download an iCloud backup with “Find My iPhone” Off from this link. Once done, follow these below steps to help you:
- Make a backup of your iPhone/iPad using iTunes without choosing “Encrypt iPhone backup” option.
- Next, download and install iBackupBot software on your computer
iBackupBot for Windows.
iBackupBot for Mac.
- After opening the app, it will automatically detect the latest backup that you’ve made through iTunes.
- Navigate anyone location mentioned below
System Files > HomeDomain > Library > Preferences
User App Files > com.apple.Maps > Library > Preferences
- Now, open the apple.Maps.plist file.
- From there, find the block data beginning with <dict> tag and the keyword. Once you find it, paste two lines below into it.
- Next, save the text and exit the iBackupBot software
- Choose the ‘Restore to Device’ and the backup will be the same with the one you edited through the iBackupBot software.
Note: keep in mind that you must not update your iPhone/iPad to the newer iOS version via iTunes as it will ask you for the iCloud account. You should only update through OTA section on your device.
Have the mentioned methods helped you remove iCloud account from your activated iOS device? Share with us in the comment below.