It’s no doubt as iPhone X is a pretty great phone to own. However, during the daily use, iPhone X’s users have come across some issues. But most of the problems are common and easily fixed. Here are some common iPhone X issues as well as their fixes.
Common iPhone X Issues And Fixes
Face ID Not Working
Face ID is the most valuable point in iPhone X. According to Apple, they have designed this security feature to recognize your face even when there are some changes like you wear a hat, shades, etc. However, some users found that FaceID did not work and they were unable to unlock their phones. Here is what you need to do to resolve the FaceID not working issues.
- If you cover your eyes, nose, or mouth, FaceID won’t work. So make sure your face is clear of any obstructions when using FaceID to unlock.
- If you are using your phone while lying on the bed and your phone is in the landscape mode, the unlock will fail. Switch it to the portrait mode to instantly unlock your phone.
iPhone X Stuck While Updating ICloud
The next common issue is your iPhone gets stuck while updating your iCloud. Here what you should do. A force restart is the easiest way when you have such an issue. Here is how to do a force restart.
- Press the Volume Up button and quickly release it
- Press the Volume Down button and quickly release it
- Press the Power button and hold it until you see the Apple logo, go of the button. After the Hard Reset, try to update iCloud once again.
Battery Life Issues
The most common iPhone X users are facing is the battery problem. Here are some tips you can follow to improve your battery life.
Turn Locations services off. Although the location service is a useful service as there are several features connected to it, you should still turn it off when not in use. Here is how to do this:
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and disable it.
Reduce the brightness of your iPhone X. A full bright screen will make your battery drain fast. Make sure to turn off the Auto-Brightness mode so that you can adjust the screen brightness.
- Head to Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations and toggle Auto-Brightness off.
- Navigate to Settings > Display & Brightness and drag the slider to adjust the brightness.
Keep apps updated. If the apps are not up to date, they can cause the different issues relating to performance, overheating, as well as fast battery drain. If you are not using the apps, uninstall them. To update the apps, do the steps below:
- launch the App Store
- Tap the Update All button
- Tap on the Update button beside apps listed on the screen.
Sometimes, certain apps can consume more battery life than other apps. But iPhone X offers an option that allows you to keep a check on your apps and manage the battery life of your device.
- Go to Settings > Battery
From there, you will see a list of apps as well as the percentage of battery they have eaten up. If you see an app showing a difference in the consumption of the battery, uninstall it and install it again.
Another common issue relates to Wi-Fi connection. If you are facing the Wi-Fi issues, here are some tricks to help you fix it.
- First, try to do a Force Restart as the mentioned steps above.
- Toggle the Wi-Fi off and then enable it again and check if the problem of dropping Wi-Fi connection has already been fixed.
- If your iPhone is currently connected to a Wi-Fi hotspot but there is no internet connection, forget the network and connect it again. To do so:
- Head to Settings > Wi-Fi > choose the problematic network, tap on it and choose Forget This Network. Then, connect the network again:
- Reset Network Settings: Resetting the network can help you refresh everything and fixes.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
Some iPhone X users have recently complained about the poor performance of their iPhone X such as random reboots, lag, etc. Here are some fixes for these problems:
- If the storage of your iPhone X is full, your device will be slow.
- Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage and check all the files eating up space. If possible, transfer files to your computer or iCloud to free up some space.
- Check to see if there is an update available as it contains the bug fixes, which can help you improve the performance of your iPhone X.
- Go to Settings > Software Update and install any update
- Clear Browser Cookies & Data
Along with freeing up memory space, to speed up your iPhone X, you can also clear cookies 7 data in Safari browser. Follow the step below:
- Head to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data
- Animations can hinder the performance issues of your iPhones, which cause your phone to lag. So, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > turn Reduce Motion
- Disabling Background Refresh is also a good solution to improve the performance of iPhone X. All you need to do is going to Settings > General > Background App Refresh and toggle it off.
We hope with the mentioned tips, you will be able to fix the issues that you are facing with your iPhone X.