The ‘Restoring your Previous Version of Windows‘ error is one of a very common Windows problems that many users face when updating the Windows operating system to Windows 10 version. However, until now Microsoft has not had any proper solution to fix the issue, and they only recommended reinstalling the Windows 10 with the help of ISO file if you face this fatal error. If you are in the same trouble with your Windows computer, we’ll now show you some possible fixes to help you get rid of this error in this post.
Methods to Fix Restoring your Previous Version of Windows Error in Windows 10
- Reinsert the Battery
The first method to solve the restoring your previous version of Windows error is reinserting the battery if you use a Windows laptop. In case you are using a PC and see this error, you should skip this method.
Removing battery is very simple for laptops. All you need to do is turning the laptop upside down, pushing two battery pins and removing it. Wait for 10 minutes and then reinsert the battery into the laptop. If you are lucky enough, the “restoring your previous version of Windows” error will disappear and your laptop will boot normally to complete installing updates.
- Flash the BIOS
Another possible solution you should try is flashing the BIOS on your computer. But, keep in mind that this solution is only for the PC Windows, not for the laptop. To do so:
- Remove the power cable and then open the CPU cabinet.
- Now, remove the BIOS battery from the motherboard and wait for a few minutes. You can also press the power button to ensure there is no electricity stored in wires.
- Next, plug the power cables again and power the PC on.
- Now, keep pressing DELETE or DELbuttons (or F11 or F8).
It will now go to BIOS configuration screen and you need to set Time/Date and make sure to enable Boot Menu. After that, reboot your computer.
This method could fix the” restoring your previous version of Windows” error in many cases.
- Repair or Restore Windows 10
If two above solutions work for you, you should then try the third solution to fix the “restoring your previous version of Windows” error in Windows 10 computer. That’s repairing or restoring the operating system.
To repair or restore the operating system of Windows 10:
- First, download “Windows 10 Media Creation Tool” onto other computers.
- Once done, launch the tool and choose “Create installation media for other PC.” Click on Next.
- Choose “USB flash drive” or “ISO file” depending on your liking and click on Next.
- Wait until it completes downloading Windows 10.
- Now you need to change the first priority boot settings from hard drive to USB or CD/DVD on the affected PC/laptop.
- Insert USB flash drive/or a DVD and reboot your computer.
- Now, choose “Repair your computer” > “Troubleshoot.”
- Choose “Startup Repair” under “Advanced Options”
If the “Startup Repair” option does not fix the “restoring your previous version of Windows” error, then you should try “System Restore” in Advanced Options. The process will restore your Windows PC or laptop to the previous restore point.