Besides Chrome, Safari is also one of the most popular web browsers as it offers a number of valuable assets for iOS users, which are well accustomed to the intuitive workflow.
However, there are still certain iOS users experiencing the crashing issue after updating their device to latest iOS version. This problem can disrupt the overall positive image of the pre-installed browser. If you are in the same difficulty, here are the possible solutions to fix Safari not working issue.
Methods to solve Safari issues after latest iOS update
Force quit app and relaunch it
Sometimes, an app misbehaviors, so you should force quit. The method works both for system apps like Safari or third-party apps. Once things go a wrong turn, there is a small chance that you are not able to stop it easily. With the force quitting the app, you can close the app completely. To do so:
- Double tap the Home button (on the iPhone is swiping and slightly holding from the bottom)
- Swipe up on the Safari app tab.
- Next, relaunch the app.
Additionally, you can also restart your device prior to reopening the app.
Clear app’s browsing data
Safari usually saves all the browsing data, including browsing history, site cache, passwords and more. Those can cause the app to crash if you don’t clean it frequently. So, if you have the crash issue with the Safari, what you need to do is deleting all browsing data and wait for changes. It might be a good solution to your problem. To do this
- Tap Settings > choose Safari.
- Tap on Clear History and Website Data
This will delete the internal data, so you should take note.
Disable Safari Suggestions
The Safari Suggestions is a smart feature for content previews when you search for something in the Search Bar. Although it is great, but not flawless. Many users regretted to give up on those due to the usefulness of Safari Suggestions. But this feature can have an impact on the performance because they are somewhat known for slowdown issues.
So, you’d better disable them. If you’re not sure how to do so, just follow the steps below:
- Tap on Settings.
- Choose Safari.
- Toggle Search Engine Suggestions
- Disable Safari Suggestions.
- Finally, reboot your iPhone.
Reset to factory settings
If none of these above methods works, you should think of performing a factory reset and then restoring your data later. By restoring to factory state, you can easily fix the problem at hand. Alternatively, you can also downgrade to previous iOS version, but it might take a lot of time, and can temporarily damage your phone.
Within the device
- Go to Settings > General.
- Tap on Reset.
- Choose Erase All Content and Settings.
- Remember to back up all your data before proceeding.
- Confirm your choice and start the process.
- Next, choose Restore from the iCloud Backup
Use iTunes for PC or Mac
- Install the latest iTunes version on your computer.
- Plug your device into the computer.
- Launch iTunes and choose Summary.
- Back up your iPhone data.
- Select Restore iPhone and start the process
These are possible solutions to help you fix Safari not working after the latest iOS update. If you have other useful methods, let’s know in the comment.