As many of you know, The IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity with a unique 15-digit number provided by the manufacturer for easier identification.
There are three common methods to find out the IMEI number of an iPhone.
- The first one is using the *#06# code. Type it into the phone app’s keypad. After that, a 15 digit series will display, which is the IMEI number of your device.
- You can also find the IMEI number on the box of your device.
- The third way to find the IMEI number of your iPhone is going to Settings -> General -> About, where you can see your iPhone’s IMEI listed here.
How To Change IMEI Number on iPhone
Changing IMEI number is now possible. By giving a fake identity, you can get rewards or make use of offers. However, you should keep in mind that this method only works for jailbroken devices so that you can access all features and apps. Jailbreaking will remove the limit of iOS platform to the file system.
One more thing to remember that changing the IMEI will void your device’s warranty and you will need to download a tool, called ZiPhone (Windows & Mac). Here are steps to change IMEI number on your iPhone.
- You just use this guide for the repair purposes.
- Changing the IMEI number of the iPhone is illegal in some countries.
- Find your iPhone’s IMEI number by dialing *#06# or heading to Settings – General – About.
- Check again that your device is already jailbroken. If not, this method won’t work.
- Now download the ZiPhone as the link above. Once the download is completed, extract the folder ZiPhoneWin-3.0 and rename it to only ZiPhone.
- After that, press the Windows + R keys simultaneously to open the Run window. Next, type in ‘cmd’ and hit enter to launch the command prompt.
- Next, enter the commands to the ZiPhone directory. If you save it in the Downloads folder, then enter: ‘cd Downloads/ZiPhone’
- Execute the command ‘ZiPhone’ and it will show you all possible options to you.
- You will now be prompted to put your iPhone into recovery mode. To do so, press the Power + Home buttons and hold them down until you see the Apple logo. You will now see the iTunes logo on a USB icon appear. Now, connect your iPhone to your Windows computer.
- Next, enter the new IMEI number in cmd:
ziphone -u -i axxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and replace xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the IMEI number you want.
- The program will start searching for the ‘dat’ file for the connected iPhone. If they are detected successfully, wait for 2- 3 minutes before the restart and then unlock it with the new IMEI number.
Alternative to Change IMEI on iPhone
There is another way to change iPhone IMEI number of your iPhone is using the ZiPhone GUI tool. Follow these steps to do that:
- First, open the ZiPhoneGUI.exe app on your computer
- Once done, head to the Show Advanced Features tab
- Choose the Fake IMEI option and enter the new IMEI number.
- Click on Perform Actions to change the IMEI code.
That is all to change IMEI number on iPhone. Did it work on your iPhone? Let’s know in the comment.