If you have a Samsung or LG smart TV, then it’s great for you that you can now mirror its display to the TV without buying an Apple TV or attaching a plethora of dongles to your iOS device.
There is a new app in App Store, called Mirror for Samsung TV and Mirror for LG TV, developed by AirBeamTV BV that allow you to wirelessly broadcast your iOS device’s screen to work with Smart TVs. In this post, we’ll help you monitor your iPhone/iPad on your smart TV and this tutorial will be done on the Samsung TV app, but those who are using Smart LG TVs can do the same steps with the Mirror for LG TV app.
Before getting started, if you want these apps to work, both your iPhone/iPad and Smart TV need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi hotspot. Once done, then you’re ready to start; otherwise, take note that first.
How to Mirror your iPhone/iPad screen on Samsung Smart TV
Once all devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, you simply follow these steps below to mirror your iPhone/ iPad’s screen on your Samsung Smart TV:
- First, download and install the Mirror for Samsung TV appfrom the App Store (it costs $4.99).
- Once done, launch the app from the Home screen.
- Wait until your Samsung smart TV appearing in the list of available television sets, and then tap on it
- Your Samsung TV will prompt if you want your device to connect to it. You can use your TV remote, highlight the Allowoption and press the OK button
- The app will now allow you to turn on the Screen Recording in Control Center and enable Access Within Apps.
- Next, go to Settings > Control Center and activate the Access Within Apps
- Now, open up the Customize Controls cell and enable the Screen Recording module for Control Center.
- Go back to the Mirror for Samsung TV app. Next, tap on the buttons at the bottom of the screen
- You will be prompted to turn on push notifications. Turning on it will let the app tell you when you connect and disconnect the devices.
- After finishing the prompts, you will be directed to the YouTube app so that you can test the mirroring feature. You can now search for something you’d like to watch on the big screen:
- Next, swipe up to open Control Center and use a 3D Touch gesture (for unsupported devices, tap and hold on it) on the Screen Recording module
- Finally, choose the Mirror Samsung TV option and tap on Start Broadcast.
You will now see your iOS device’s screen on your Samsung smart TV after a few seconds. If you want to quit mirroring your iPhone/ iPad’s screen on your Samsung Smart TV, simply open Control Center and tap on the Screen Recording switch on your iOS 11 device. There will be a banner notification alerting you that the broadcast has stopped. Now, you’ve done mirroring your display.