The new macOS High Sierra is now available with many new features as well as enhancements to make your Mac run faster and more reliable than before updating to the future macOS High Sierra versions. Here are the official release notes of Apple for macOS High Sierra.
Release Notes Of MacOS High Sierra
The new MacOS High Sierra version refines the features and apps you use every day, though it’s at its highest level yet.
You can now easily organize, edit, and view your photos in Photos app:
- With the help odd new Loop and Bounce effects, you can make short videos from your Live Photos.
- Locate and organize your content with the new sidebar more easily.
- Quickly access all editing tools in the Edit View section.
- Fine-tune color and contrast by using the new Curves and Selective Color tools.
- Directly access to third-party apps from Photos and then save the edited images to the Photos library.
- Use the new Memories themes including pets, outdoor activities and more to discover images from your library again.
- Create the printed photos and use more third-party project extensions.
The new MacOS High Sierra version improves your browsing experience using Safari:
- Stop web video from automatically playing.
- Prevent ad networks from tracking your browsing with the new Intelligent Tracking Prevention tool.
- Customize your browsing experience with the help of the settings for Reader, page zoom, and more.
You can now enjoy refinements in Mail:
- Immediately find the messages that is relevant to your search with the help of Top Hits feature
- Use Split View when you compose an email in full screen.
- Save space on your Mac using compressed messages.
You can check the status of a flight by entering the flight number in the Spotlight search area.
- You can organize your information through configurable tables.
- Pin your favorite notes so that they’re always at the top of your list.
The new MacOS allows capturing a moment in FaceTime. You can also take a Live Photo during a video call on supported Macs.
Get music suggestions from a natural-sounding Siri:
- Hear more variations in intonation, or emphasis from Siri’s responds.
- Get music recommendations from Siri when listening to Apple Music.
Store your family data in iCloud safely:
- Share a single iCloud storage with your family and keep the data of everyone backed up and safely stored.
- Set up your family in a few steps and add capabilities when it’s necessary.
- The new MacOS High Sierra allows sharing and working on any file in iCloud Drive with other people so that users can have the latest edits.
Apple File System
There are also some changes in Apple File system that includes upgrading the performance, reliability, and enhance security of your Mac:
- Update all-flash Macs to a new file system architecture.
- Bring greater responsiveness when doing common tasks.
- Come with faster and more reliable backups.
- Protect your entire drive with built-in native encryption for a better security.
- The new version lets you create and watch high-resolution video using High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), which east up less 40% space without reducing quality.
These are the typical release notes for the Mac High Sierra version. If you want to install this version on your Mac running older MacOS build, you can use Apple’s Software Update mechanism. Simply launch App Store from the Apple menu, and then click the Updates tab to download and install the software.