Getting the root access, installing a custom ROM, or customizing your LG G6 can now easily be done on your device with the help of a custom recovery. The LG stock recovery just gives you a minimum access to the system, but now with the TWRP recovery you can change everything. So if you feel interested in this custom recovery, let me show you how to easily install TWRP Recovery on your LG G6 smartphone.
However, before starting the process, there are some things you should note:
- You need to make a backup for all your important data in case anything wrong happens.
- Turn on USB Debugging option on LG G6. To do this, go to Settings > About phone, and tap 7 times on the “Build Number”. Once you see the ‘you are now a developer’ message, return the Settings, tap “Developer Options” and enable “USB Debugging” option.
- Also enable OEM Unlock in Settings > Developer Options
- Download and install ADB fastboot driver on your computer:
- Next, download and install the LG G6 drivers.
- Charge your LG G6 to at least 50% before the process to get rid of unwanted issues.
- Don’t forget to unlock bootloader you G6 before performing the below steps
- This guide is only meant for LG G6 H870 smartphone, so you must not try it on other smartphones as it might end up bricking.
Also read: How to Unbrick Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KG
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on LG G6
- First, download the TWRP recovery file from here and save it into the ADB folder
- Then rename the file into ‘recovery.img’
- Now, go to the ADB folder, and press the Shift key while right clicking on any empty space and choose Open command window here to enter cmd mode
- Next, connect your LG G6 to the computer and type in: adb reboot bootloader to boot your G6 into the fastboot mode.
- Once your device is in the fastboot mode, continue entering the command: fastboot device to display your device serial number to check if your G6 is properly connected to.
- Now, enter the command line: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img to flash the TWRP recovery on your device.
- Once the process is complete, unplug the cable and reboot your device.
That’s all steps you need to do! You can now taste the new custom recovery on your G6. In case you get any trouble, let’s know in the comment below, we’ll find out solutions for you.