Kodi is one of the most favorite media player apps on Apple TV. When comparing to other similar media apps on Apple TV, Kodi was used more than other apps. Although installing the app on your Apple TV is not easy, you can still install it by following some simple steps without having to jailbreak your Apple TV 4. This method works for both of the tvOS 9 and tvOS 10. However, before starting, you will need to prepare some things.
First, you need to download the IPA file of Kodi.
- Initially, download the Kodi app from here.
- Now you install the Unarchiverapp from Mac App store to open the folder that you have downloaded from the Kodi app.
- Now click on the downloaded file and use the Unarchiver to unarchive the file.
- There is now a folder including all the files of Kodi.
- After that, there is a file, named tar.lzma in the folder of Kodi. You click on it and then the Unarchiver will unarchive it.
- Now look for the Kodi (.app).
- Now, you make a new folder and rename it to Payload.
- Next drag the Kodi app file to the Payload folder.
- Right click on Compress “Payload”.
- After compressing the folder, you name the file change its extension from “.zip” to “.ipa”. Now, you click on Use .ipa button.
Once you have the IPA file, now it’s time to install Kodi on Apple TV 4 by sideloading it to your Apple TV to complete the process.
Steps to Install Kodi App on Apple TV 4
To sideload the Kodi app, first, you will need to download Cydia Impactor tool. You can download Cydia Impactor from here.
- Next, connect your Apple TV to the computer using a USB cable.
- Now, extract and launch the Cydia Impactor.
- Connect your Apple TV to the computer. If it’s successful, it will show the connected devices in Cydia Impactor app.
- Now drag and drop the IPA file of Kodi into the Cydia Impactor.
- Now click Start button and it will start sideload the app after entering your Apple ID.
Once the process is complete, you can now use Kodi app on your non-jailbreak Apple TV 4. However, note that you must have the latest version of Kodi file and Cydia Impactor app.