When you don’t have time to check and reply email regularly for a time, setting up auto reply email is an acceptable solution to prevent your sender from misunderstanding or worrying about late response. Here’s the step-by-step instructions for you to do so across all the popular platforms such as Outlook, Gmail, etc.
Steps to set up automatic reply email message for iCloud mail
- First, sign in icloud.com.
- Then tap Choose
- Now, tap on the Settings icon at the bottom left corner.
- Next, choose Preferences.
- At the top position, select the Vacation tab.
- Tick the box that says “Automatically reply to messages when they are received.”
- Enter the content of your auto reply email message in the box below.
- Click Done.
When you can get back to your work, disable out of office reply by simply unchecking the “Automatically reply to messages…” box.
Steps to set up auto reply email for Gmail
In the Gmail App:
Gmail makes it particularly easy to setup your out of office reply. Do the following steps:
- Launch the Gmail app on your iPhone.
- In the top left corner, Tap on the three horizontal bars.
- Choose the Settings icon which resembles gear symbol.
- Switch On Vacation Responder.
- Choose your start and end date for auto reply email.
- Then enter the content of your auto email’s subject and message.
- If you want it to “only send a response to people in my Contacts,” switch on that toggle
- Finally, tap on Save at the top and it’s completed!
If you put in an End date, the out of office reply will automatically disable. If not, go to Settings section in the Gmail app and switch off Vacation Responder, and tap Save.
Also read: How To Fix Error Code 45075 On iTunes
How to set up out of office auto reply email for Outlook
- First, log in to Outlook.com.
- In the top left corner, tap the Settings icon which looks like a gear.
- Then select Automatic Replies.
- Now tick the box Send Automatic Replies.
- Set up the start and end date. After that, tick the box Send replies only during this time period.
- Then type in the message you want to make as auto reply email in a blank body of text below.
- You can choose to send out of office reply email to everyone or just to people in your contacts by simply checking the box.
- Click OK at the top when you’re finished.