For some reasons your Home button or Power button have been broken, it will make you difficult to restart your iDevice. As you know, rebooting can resolve a few software issues with your iPhone/iPad. But if your phone’s physical buttons do not work, you should find out alternative ways to reboot your iPhone. So in this post, we’ll show you how to restart your iPhone without having to using the Power button and Home button. You don’t have to use anything apart from the touch screen. Let’s check the effective ones.
Solution 1: Use Assistive Touch
You can follow these steps to reboot your device using Assistive Touch:
- First launch “Settings” on your Home screen.
- Go to General -> Accessibility -> Assistive Touch.
- Then turn on Assistive Touch you have not to activate it.
- Now tap the Assistive Touch box showing on the screen.
- Next tap on Device and then tap and hold the Lock Screen button until you see the slide to power off slider appear.
- Now, slide it to the right to power off your device.
- Once your device completely shuts down, you just connect the lightning cable to charge it and your device will switch on again.
You have successfully restarted iPhone without using any button.
Solution 2: Reset Network Settings
Any settings reset on an iDevice will reboot your device after the job is complete, but as your aim is just the reboot instead of wiping the data, resetting network settings won’t be the good option to do that. However, the stored Wi-Fi passwords will be deleted, and any Bluetooth devices you paired before, you will need to do it again. Finally, your device will reboot again after the process ends. You can follow these steps to proceed:
- First open Settings from your iPad/iPhone screen.
- Then, head to General -> Reset and select Reset Network Settings option in blue color.
- Enter your passcode, tap the blue “Done” button.
- Finally tap the red button that says Reset Network Settings.
Also read: How to Stop & Turn Off Messages on Mac
The network settings will restore to the factory settings, and your device will reboot, that might meet your purpose.