Installing other software apps that Apple doesn’t support on Apple TV 4 is very difficult without the jailbreak. If you are looking for a jailbreak, it’s now available for your Apple TV. You can now jailbreak your device using liberTV and Cydia Impactor, take a look at the steps below.
However, before jailbreaking, you must read the terms and conditions of jailbreaking. Moreover, this process requires some necessary stuff to perform the jailbreak. It is mentioned below.
- Apple TV 4 running tvOS 10.1, 10.0 to 9.1.
- A Windows, Linux or Mac OS computer
- The liberTV app to jailbreak your Apple TV 4
- The latest iTunes version.
- A USB cable for the connection.
After meeting all the requirements above, you can now perform the jailbreak on your Apple TV 4.
Steps to Jailbreak Apple TV 4 Using liberTV
- First, connect your Apple TV 4 to the computer using the USB-C.
- Then, download the liberTV ipa file.
- Now you download Cydia Impactor app for your computer for either windows or Mac.
- After downloading the Cydia Impactor, the jailbreak file named liberTV.ipa on your computer.
- After connecting your Apple TV to your computer, the Impactor will show the successful connection between your TV and computer.
- Then, drag the liberTV.ipa file into the Impactor.
- After that, click on the Start button to begin the process.
- Now enter your apple id and password for the authentication.
- Once the impactor flash the jailbreak app to your Apple TV 4, unplug the USB cable.
- Now the liberTV app is already on your TV. You just open it!
- Next, start the jailbreak procedure and select the options you want to perform the jailbreak.
- After choosing the desired options, click on Do it!
- Finally there is message saying that your apple TV has successfully been jailbroken. You can now do your favorite stuff on your Apple TV.
In case the jailbreak fails and your Apple TV 4 reboots during the jailbreak, unplug the cable and repeat these above steps and it’ll be successful.