Google has recently released the Android Wear 2.0 version for Android smartwatches with a lot of new changes. One of them is that Android Wear users can now use the Google Maps right on your watch without having to connect to the phone. In this post, we’ll show you how to use Google Maps on your Android Wear smartwatch by voice command and manually.
Get Directions by Voice
One the Google Maps is installed on your smartwatch, you can tell it to give your directions to a particular destination by using your voice. Here’s how you can do it
- First, wake up your watch and simply say “OK Google…”
- Then say “…go to (your destination)...”
- Then, the mode of transportation will appear (foot, bike or car).
- Next, A Google Maps card will also display, and you just need to clarify your destination and the navigation will then start.
Get Directions Manually
If you don’t want to set a destination using the voice, you can do it manually. Here’s how to do:
- First, launch the Google Maps app on your smartwatch.
- Next, tap a specific destination on the map.
- Then, tap the Navigate button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, swipe left to see the address of your destination, and continue to swipe left to see the mode of transportation, then swipe again to close the menu.
Other Google Maps tips for Android Wear
Here are some tips that can help you use Google Maps on your Android Wear smartwatch easier.
- Once you start navigating, you can swipe up on the green card at the bottom to see a list of the directions.
- Swipe left once more to see the time and distance left till you reach the destination.
- Swipe right to take a break from the full-screen navigation or mute the directions. Then if you want to go back to navigation, tap the blue arrow on the directions notification.
- Swipe the card up, then tap on Exit navigation if you want to cancel your navigation.
That’s all about using Google Maps on the Android Wear smartwatch. Let’s know your thoughts in the comment below.