For a long time, you have not received any update for your Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 so that you could update your device to a higher version. However, the MIUI 9 update now comes to all Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 smartphones through OTA. If you have not yet to see the notification update and are in hurry to experience this new MIUI version, we’re here to help you. The MIUI 9 is based on Android 7.0 Nougat version, so it’s expected to bring a number of changes for your handset. Here is a step-by-step guide to help ypu flash the MIUI 9 version
However, before flashing the update, you need to make a complete backup of your important data. Moreover, you also need to install the Xiaomi Remi Note 2 drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your smartphone. Finally, remember to maintain at least 70% power in your device to avoid unwanted shutdown during the update.
The new update is only for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 smartphone, so you should not use it on any other devices as it might get bricked
Steps to Update MIUI 9 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 2
- First of all download the MIUI 9 update file for your Xiaomi Redmi Note 2.
- After that, connect your smartphone to your computer via USB cable & transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Then launch ‘Updater’ app on your device
- Next, tap the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package’, and load the ROM file you’ve put in.
- After loading the right ROM file, your device will start upgrading. Your Redmi Note 2 will automatically boot to the new version once the update is complete.
Congratulation! Now you have successfully installed the MIUI 9 on your Redmi Note 2. You can now browse through your Smartphone to experience the Android 7.0. Definitely let’s know the changes that you see in your Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 in the post update. In case getting any issues, feel free to let us know in the comment section.