You have recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 tablet and you want to install the latest TWRP Recovery on your device to remove the factory restrictions that allow you to customize your device as the way you want. Initially every device always comes with a stock recovery image, so it just gives you the minimal access to make changes within your Android Nougat OS. However, you can customize your Galaxy Tab S3 as your hobby by updating your device with a Custom recovery.
This latest Custom Recovery for your Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 carries the version number 3.1.0-1 and has been developed by the TWRP Team, so it will not cause any issues in your Galaxy Tab S3. If you feel interested in installing this stable Custom Recovery image on your device, you should then follow the given steps in this post. Make sure you don’t skip any single step as it might end in bricking or bugging your device.
The tutorial is distinctively prepared for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3model numbers SM-T820/T825, so you must not use it on any other device as doing this can make your device get certain bricks.
Moreover, you must understand that flashing the TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 is your sole responsibility and we will not take any responsibility for any sort of brick, warranty loss or other issues of your device, that might occur during the installation. So, you are highly recommended to read and understand the article carefully before you start the installation.
- One Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
- One Windows computer pre-installed Samsung USB driver
- Original Data Cable to connect your Tab S3 with your computer.
- Make a full backup of all important data on your tablet.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode in the Developer Option of your Tab S3.
- Before starting the installation, ensure that your device has at least 50% battery left to keep out of uneexpected issues.
Now follow the Step-By-Step guide to flash TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 tablet.
Steps to Update
- First, download the TWRP Recovery package (for SM-T820, for SM-T825) and save it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin v3.10.zip then unzip it ( remember it must be Odin 3.10.7 version).
- Then Put your Galaxy Tab S3 into Odin mode by first switching off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down, Power Button & Home Button simultaneously. After that, press the Volume Up Button when you see a warning message appearing on the screen, to put your tablet into Odin mode.
- Then connect your Galaxy Tab S3 to your PC using the USB cable.
- Now launch Odin and you will the button-left corner of Odin display a message after the connection is successful.
- Click on “AP/PDA” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted TWRP Recovery folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next, untick the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and then press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 3-4 minutes. Wait until it finishes.
- Now, reboot to recovery by holding Power + Home + Vol Up buttons. You’ll see the TWRP recovery.
That’s all! You will not face any issues following the given procedure to flash the TWRP file on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S3. In case there is something wrong, ping us back in the comment section, we shall share some solutions for you.