Restoring from old iCloud backup allows you to transfer all your data from your old iDevice to a new iPhone or iDevice. Of course, all messages, photos, videos, songs, contacts, documents will also be migrated. So in this post, we’ll show you all the necessary steps to discover and restore the old backup on your iPhone/iPad.
Note: The tips are usable on iOS 7, 8, 9, 10 and devices from iPhone 4 to iPhone 7 Plus.
How to Discover old backup in iTunes or iCloud
Find on Mac
To discover all iCloud backups on your Mac, simply navigate to Apple Menu > System Preferences > iCloud > Manage > Backup.
Find On iTunes
First, launch iTunes on Mac and go to iTunes > Preferences > Devices. Here, you can see the entire backup saved by iTunes.
The backups are made of Calendars, Media files, text messages, Contacts and your personal settings. Now the newest backup of old iDevice is there. You can now start the restore process:
- Use a Lighting cable and launch iTunes already set the automatic restoration of backup when iPhone/iPad connects to Windows or Mac
- Use Wi-Fi and iCloud option to restore backup from iDevice.
Steps to restore iPhone from Old iCloud backup
- First, setup a new iPhone or restore after the Factory
- Then, follow instructions on the screen, and enter Apple ID and password.
- Next, choose App & Data and restore from iCloud Backup” Then discover the backup date that needs to be restored.
You’ll see all backups taken before, find your desired backup to restore it.
Steps to Restore Backup with iTunes
- First, launch iTunes, connect your device with lightning cable, and wait for a while until it appears in Device Tab
- Then, select “Summary” and then choose “Restore from Backup.”
- Next, select “choose last backup.”
- Finally, tap on “restore” and the process will begin.
That’s all the steps to restore iPhone from old iCloud back. Let’s know your thoughts in the comment below.