Not only giving third-party apps leaderboards and multiplayer options, the Game Centers of Apple also now offers the ‘recording gameplay’ feature. If the app you are playing supports Game Center’s ReplayKit, you can record your screen and use microphone during gameplay to stream it online or simply share with your friends. Here is how you can do that.
How to record the gameplay with iPhone/ iPad
- First, launch a ReplayKit-compatible game.
- Then find the screen-recording (You will see a camera icon on the main screen.)
- Next tap on the screen recording icon.
- Now, press Record Screen (or Record Screen and Microphone, if possible) when you’re prompted to allow the game to record.
- Next play your game.
- Finally, press the Stop button when you finish.
How to record your gameplay with an unsupported game
In case your game is not supported by ReplayKit, you can still record your screen if you have a Mac nearby by using QuickTime Player.
- First, plug your iPhone or iPad to your Mac using a Lightning cable.
- Now, launch QuickTime Player.
- Next, go to File > New Movie Recording.
- Click on the Down Arrownext to the Recording button, and under Camera, choose your iPhone.
- Finally, press Record
How to use Restrictions for disabling screen recording for games
If you have children, but your kids spend much time playing games, or you don’t want your kids use the game recording feature, you can easily turn it off from the Restrictions screen on your iPhone/ iPad. Here’s how you can do it.
- First, launch Settingsfrom your Home screen.
- Now, tap on General.
- Next, scroll down and tap on Restrictions and turn it on.
- Enter a Passcode. Make sure your children cannot guess the passcode. Enter it again and confirm.
- Finally, under Game Center, tap on the switch next to Screen Recording.
The screen recording is now turned off during gameplay, and the icon won’t appear in the game.
That’s all about recording the gameplay on your iPhone/iPad. Let’s know your thoughts in the comment below.