The Download Mode is an important part of Samsung phones. It’s a hidden menu that allows users to install new updates or restore the phone to stock Android manually by using the ODIN PC app. The process to access the Download mode on Samsung devices is the same, but removing the Physical the Home button on Galaxy S8 of Samsung makes a difference in putting the device into the Download mode. So, in this post, we’ll show you how to manually boot Download Mode for any Galaxy S8 model
How to Boot Any Samsung Galaxy S8 into Download Mode
- First, turn off completely your device.
- Then press and hold three buttons at a same time: Volume Down + Power + Bixby (a new button on Galaxy S8). After that, release the buttons when you see the Warning screen on your device.
- Now, you need to press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Finally, to exit Galaxy S8’s Download Mode, you press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons for 10 seconds. Your device will now reboot
In case you don’t want to boot your Galaxy S8 in Download Mode manually, then you try using a secondary method below.
How to boot Galaxy S8 Download Mode from PC:
- First, you need to download and install on the ADB and Fastboot USB drivers for your OS:
Mac OS here
- Once done, you need to extract the archived contents and then save the platform-tools folder on your computer.
- Next, you download and install the Samsung USB drivers for your PC.
- Now, you launch a Windows Command Prompt (cmd) or Terminal window in the Platform-Tools directory.
- next, plug your S8 to the computer via a USB Type-C cable.
- Now, type in adb devicesto ensure the computer has detected your phone.
- Finally, enter adb reboot bootloader and your Galaxy will reboot in Download Mode.
That’s all! These were all the steps that you should follow to know how to manually boot your Galaxy S8 phone in Download Mode.