Google has officially rolled out Android 7.1.2 Nougat for the Pixel and Nexus devices through OTA, but your phone may not get the update for another couple of days, you can try downloading the factory image for your particular device and flashing it on your device. So in this post, we’ll show you the ways to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on your Nexus or Pixel smartphones.
- Before starting the process, first you need to have Android SDK installed on your computer (especially adband fastboot, which you can download from the Android Studio)
- Next, you need to enable USB Debugging unlock your bootloader of your device. To enable USB Debugging, go to Settings—> About phone and tap 7 times on Build Number. Then return to Settings, and tap on Developer options, turn on USB Debugging and OEM unlocking.
- Finally, charge the battery up to at least 65% to ensure nothing happens during installing Nougat Factory Image process.
Now, let’s take a look at how to flash the Android 7.1.2 Nougat on your Pixel or Nexus smartphone.
Steps to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat Factory Image for the Nexus or Pixel devices
- Download Android 7.1.2 Nougat Factory Image from here.
- Once done, extract the file and move it to the platform-tools
(It can be obtained after setting up the Android SDK on your computer).
- Power off your Nexus or Pixel phone.
- Boot the Nexus or Pixel device in Fastboot Mode by pressing and holding both the Volume Down and Power buttons for a few seconds.
- Plug your phone to the computer. In case your computer cannot recognize your device, you have to reinstall the adb drivers.
- Go to Platform-tools folder, and open the cmd here by pressing and holding the Shift key while and right clicking on any blank space on the screen
(Unlock the bootloader of your device by entering fastboot flashing unlock. Then enter to confirm the process.)
- Back to platform-tools folder; double click on the flash-all.batscript to start the flashing process (or you can type flash-all command in cmd). Then, confirm the installation.
- After flashing the Android 7.1.2 is completed, you can now reboot your Nexus or Pixel phone as normal.
These are the steps that you need to do to flash the Android 7.1.2 Nougat Factory Image on your Nexus or Pixel device. Feel free to leave your comments in the section below.