Dear all Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 users! After a long wait, Android 7.0 Nougat update is now available for your tablet. While the device by default run the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, now it can be further updated to the Android Nougat OS. This new firmware will add a number of new features on your Tab S2 that will bring your device into superiority, both in terms of features and specification.
Samsung releases the official update through OTA, but not all of you can receive the new update at the same time. So, if you cannot wait until Samsung pushes the Android Nougat in your region, you can manually flash the firmware on your tablet just by following the steps properly as stated below.
Make sure to check your device name and model correctly before performing the update. If you flash the update on other Android devices, it might brick your device or create bugs in it. We will not remain responsible for any sort of issues due to the update process.
- Back up all important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 first because the update might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be ready for flashing.
- You need to pre-install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC as the drivers helps you connect your Galaxy Tab S2 to your PC easier. If not installed, then you should download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings >Developer Options.
- Most importantly keep your tablet battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, maintain a minimum of 50% power backup before starting the update.
Steps to Update Android 7.0 Nougat for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
- First, download the Android 7.0 Nougat file (for SM-T815 model, for SM-T810 model) and extract it on your Computer. Then, download Odin v3.12.zip and also unzip it.
- Then boot your Galaxy Tab S2 into download mode by turning off your tablet first and then long-press its Volume Down + Power + Home button simultaneously. After that, press the Volume Down button after you see a warning message appearing on your screen to put your device into download mode.
- Now connect the Galaxy Tab S2 to the PC using USB cable and launch Odin.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of your handset to your PC is successful.
- Now, select “AP/PDA” box in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted folder. Make sure to uncheck re-partition
- Next, select the “Auto-reboot” option and click on the “Start” button. The update process will take around 10-15 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Tab S2 reboots
Congratulations! You are now successfully done with the update of your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 to the Android 7.0 version. Browse through to experience the new Nougat features in your tablet. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section.