In an event today at San Francisco, Google announced it’s first smartphone, Pixel alongside other hardware, Google home, rival to the Amazon Echo, Daydream View, and others. Pixel is of two variant, 5-inch and 5.5 inches names Pixel XL, both with sharp and vibrant AMOLED displays.
It comes in three color; black, blue and silver.
There is a fingerprint sensor at back of the phone. Also, the Pixels use USB-C for fast charging.
Regarding its camera, it has a 12.3MP rear camera, which Google claims to be the best in any smartphone so far, it has a video stabilization which is capable of sorting out any hand-shaking effect.
Pixel Specs and Features
According to Tech insider, Key Specs includes;
– Aluminum and glass body in three color options, including black, silver, and blue.
– 5-inch and 5.5-inch AMOLED displays.
– Android 7.0 Nougat.
– Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor.
– 4GB RAM.
– Fingerprint sensor.
– 12.3 megapixel rear-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture.
– Advanced video stabilization for smooth 4K video.
– Free unlimited storage for photos and videos at original quality with Google Photos.
– Quick charging with USB-C; up to seven hours of power with 15 minutes of charging.
– 32GB/128GB internal storage.
– Headphone jack.
– It comes with Google Assistant built in, which lets you get contextual information from Google searches by using your voice or text, and can perform tasks like making restaurant reservations.
– Google’s video calling app Duo is also pre-installed.
– Supports Google’s new Daydream VR platform to use with the new Daydream View VR headset.
– $649 base price ($27 per month financing).
– Available to buy from Verizon or unlocked from the Google store.
– Pre-orders start October 4 for US, Australia, Canada, Germany, and UK. October 13 for India. No information about other country for now.
Google want to be the new Apple, what do you think about this Pixel?
Stay tuned, updates soon.