Some days ago, I got my infinix zero ordered from Konga delivered to me, after unboxing the package, am so pleased with what I saw because it’s more even than what am expecting though with a little problem, The battery! I know some using it already will say the capacity, not really that because am contented with that before going for it but the fact that is in-built makes it a little awkward. Believe me, the phone is really sexy 😉
Must Read : Infinix Zero x506 specs
This is not an infinix zero review but rather a tutorial where I will explain how I root My Infinix Zero. In this article, I will be explaining how to root Infinix Zero X506 8Gb and how to root Infinix Zero X506 16Gb.
Most people that bought infinix zero are definitely looking for a method to root the phone, with the infinix Zero x506 8gb able to be root with a one click method, that’s really simple but that of Infinix Zero x506 16gb always prove unrootable, don’t give up on it yet because I too almost did, here is a solution 🙂
How To Root Infinix Zero x506 8GB
Step 1 : Download Root Genius to your Pc
Step 2 : Enable USB Debugging on your Infinix Phone. To enable USB debugging, go to Settings > Developers option > USB Debugging and Enable.
Step 3 : Now connect your Android device to the computer, once is connected, root genius will automatically detect your phone.
Step 4 : Click on “Root It” button to start the rooting process.
Step 5 : Root Genius will automatically root your Infinix Phone.
And Thats All!
How To Root Infinix Zero x506 16GB
Unfortunately enough, there is no one-click method that work for infinix zero x506 16gb, even root genius only succeeded in rooting Infinix Zero x506 8GB, so you can’t use this method for Infinix Zero 16GB.
To root infinix zero x506 16Gb, you will need ;
– MTK Vcom drivers or PdaNET
– MTK droid root and tools v2.5.3
– Adb n fastboot properly configured on ur PC.
If you don’t have these, download it here (Have put all the tools i used to root mine in one zip file)
Now, this is how its being done ;
1. Enable USB Debugging on your Infinix Phone. To enable USB debugging, go to Settings > Developers option > USB Debugging and Enable.
2. Extract the file you download
2. Run adb-setup-1.3.exe, it will ask if you want to install adb and fastroot , type Y and press Enter key on your keyboard, keep doing this for the next 2 questions too to continue to the driver installation wizard, then install the driver.
3. Plug in your Infinix phone
4. Click on the main folder of the extracted file, hold shift and right click on it, then select “open command prompt here”
5. Type “adb devices” and hit enter, If u see a serial number then you are good to go.
6. Type “adb reboot bootloader“. Your phone should reboot into fastboot mode .
7. Type “fastboot devices” , if u get a serial, then type “fastboot flash boot boot. Img” if procedures complete, now type “fastboot reboot”
8. Inside the folder Mtkdroid Tools.zip, Open MTK droid root and tools, your phone should connect in shell mode. Goto root and backup tab. Select recovery with “to select files from phone ” say yes to all the prompts and when it says to load phone in recovery click no.
9. Now select Superuser, press yes to any prompts then select SuperSu when asked for the root app to install.
10. When it’s done, copy updateSu.zip from the folder to your phone sdcard. Then
Reboot into recovery and flash updateSu.zip
And Thats All!
Have you ever root any infinix zero? kindly share your experience
If you have any problem rooting your infinix zero, use the comment box and i will try and help as fast as possible.
Updated!!! Due to Readers complain, the download link for the package has been updated
Please share this on facebook, twitter and google+ , you can help a needful soul by doing this.