Hey! Are you planning to install a software on your computer? Chill and check this out!
Installing a software is not as simple as it seems. Did you even know installing a software is not all about Agree, next, & Install? If you are the type that makes this as a habit, you have to stop before it’s too late. I was once an addicts of this until I realize the side effects on my Pc.
Must Read ; What Is Software ?
What To Do Before Installing A Software on your Pc
If you are planning to install a software, these are safety precautions you need to take before installing any software on your Pc.
- Software Necessity; Wait! Is the software you are about to install even necessary, try and avoid unnecessary software installation, having many useless software on your computer do you no good, having many software on your system does not prove you as a Geek! When man was still a guy, I do it a lot to showcase my desktop but now I will advise anybody doing it to shut the crap and saves space for the needy ones.
- Software Compatibility; if the software is necessary, fine! But is the software you are about to install compatible with your computer, some people will be like who cares? But hmm, for your computer safety you need to care to check the compatibility of the software with your computer. Imagine you want to install software on a computer running on 32bits, it sounds somehow going for the 64bits one when the 32bits is available.
- Disk Space Availabilty; Before proceeding with the installation of your software, check the available disk space, there are some programs most especially Games that require large disk space to operate and not only games, some technical software also does. Though the software might struggle to install on a limited space available on your hard disk but there is an obvious side effect you will experience which is lagging or your computer being slow down due to using up its little space it has been managing. Why punishing the poor computer? 😉
- Duplicate Software Check; When I say duplicate software, I don’t really mean installing a software serving nearly the same purpose but software conflicting each other. We all know how impossible it is to install same software twice on the same computer without uninstalling it before installing it back. Installing a software serving the same purpose but different features is not a crime but the case is not the same with some softwares, a typical example is Anti-virus Softwares. It sounds crazy having more than one antivirus on the same computer, not only that they will always clash but they will cause problem on your computer.
- Software Reviews ;Care must be taken when downloading or collecting any software to be install on your computer most especially the one that seems to be free, we all love freebies, that’s a fact but it must have a limit, if you want to download any software or you already have it on your system which you know nothing about it or its safety, is a good idea to go online and read reviews about the software, If you are satisfy and guaranteed about the software safety, then you can go on and install the damn thing on your computer.
- Software Guidelines ;Either you agree or not, software developers know more about the software than you do, they are the one that develop the software so they provide hints which serves as guideline for you, they are there to tell you how to go about the software.
- Extra Installation ; To avoid installing unnecessary programs you don’t want on your computer, be careful when installing software, some software don’t only waka come 😉 , they comes with other pre-selected programs, if care is not taken and you go on clicking the next, definitely you have accept the offer to install the programs, it may even be a browser toolbar.
- Custom Installation ; Unlike the previous case discussed, some software have more than one programs in it which the developer let you know, example of software like this is Microsoft Office and Corel draw, in Microsoft Office, you have a lot of programs in it like the Microsoft word, Microsoft excel, Microsoft power point and some others. But are you installing this software to install all the programs in it ? If No, then the custom installation is for you to choose which of it to install to prevent unnecessary installations.
- Installation Location; is advisable to always install your programs to the default Operating system Disk usually the C: Drive just to avoid problems, that is the reason why you need to check the disk availability. I don’t see reason why you will install your software on partition drive.
So, If you really love and care much about your computer, you have to put all these into consideration before installing any 3rd party program on your computer.
Recommended ; Shutdown, Hibernate & Sleep Mode – The Best For Your Pc
Are you the type that do these or all you does is the common Agree, Next & Install ? I cares to know
Kindly Share! A Share Can Save a Computer.