Here come another great tip for windows which will enable you to hide disk drives from My Computer Panel, is a simple method and there is no need for any software.
At times, you may have some important files on your local hard disk which you want to hide for privacy purpose which can access later when you need it. Also, During partition of hard disk, a System Reserved Disk drive is automatically created which is normally not listed with your local disk drives in My Computer. If due to any reason that kind of drive is shown with your local disk drives then you can easily make it invisible (hide it) by following the trick am about to drop.
You can also read : TOP 5 BEST INTERNET WEB BROWSER
How to Hide Local Disk Drive?
- Press Window key + R and Type diskpart and press enter.
- Type list volume and press enter button. It will list all the local disk drives including system reserved drive.
- Now you will have to select the volume number which you want to hide. let imagine am going to hide Drive A. So I will type select volume 3.
- Then remove the assigned letter from the selected volume. For this purpose, type remove letter A. Where A is the drive letter assigned to volume 3.
- Open My Computer and the Drive will not be there.
- If you want to list the drive again, adopt the same procedure and list volumes. Select the volume number of the drive which you want to make visible and type assign letter Z. Here Z is the new letter which is to be assigned. You can now use any alphabet which is not assigned earlier to any other drive.
You can also read : TURN YOUR PC INTO Wi-Fi HOTSPOT USING CONNECTIFY
- Note: You cannot hide the disk drive on which your Operating System is installed.
You can also use this trick on your friend’s computer just to have fun. 🙂
Did you have any question or problem with this tutorial or you have any suggestion to add, pls let me hear from you in the comment box and mind you, your comment is always welcomed and appreciated !
Hope this post is helpful, if yes like it and share it with your friends because you may not know which of your friends that need this and be looking for it…Sharing is Caring, it takes just seconds, And don’t forget to subscribe to my post updates bellow because you can’t avoid to miss my next updates.