The most important and popular features of wordpress that make me not to regret of moving from blogger to wordpress is set of software components that extend and improve functionality of a program which is known as PLUGIN.
As you all know that we have free and paid plugin,but no matter the case may be, being free or paid plugin the same procedure are taken..
==> How To Install A WordPress Plugin
For Beginners (newbie), Automatic way of installing a wordpress plugin is recommended, though we have different methods of installing wordpress plugin, but in this particular post,i will be laying emphasis on 2 methods.
- AUTOMATIC INSTALLATION : The most common and easiest method of installing a wordpress plugin. For Automatic Installation ;
– Login to your wordpress dashboard.
– In the left sidebar tools, click on PLUGINS.
– At the top of the page where it brings all the already installed plugin , click on ADD NEW .
– In the search box provided in the ADD NEW page, type in the name of the plugin you want to install and click on Search it will brings the list of all Related Plugins .
– Locate the one you want to install and click Install ,then Activate it.
…You Are Good To Go !
- MANUAL METHOD : This process involves the downloading of the plugin to your PC which is in zip format. For Manual Uploading ;
– Follow the first three steps explained above
– At the Add New page, click on UPLOAD, a form will appear where you can select the zip format of your downloaded plugin.
– click Upload to install it, you can now activate it and your plugin is ready to use.
- To deactivate or delete a plugin you have already install and activated, just click on the plugin at the left sidebar tools of your wordpress dashboard, then locate the plugin and click on deactivate below the particular plugin.
- To Permanently delete it, after deactivating it you can now see “Permanently Delete” option below the plugin.
Now Your Thought !
Did you have any other method of installing a wordpress plugin ? OR any addition to the explained method ? Let hear from you with the comment box…